Centennial Court is a 116 bed not for profit nursing home located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are currently accepting applications for a Casual Cook.
Position Summary: The Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Cook should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc.
· Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
· Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
· Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
· Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knives
· Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
· Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
· Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
· Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
· Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
· Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
· Adheres to Atlantic Baptist safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
· Ensures security of company assets
· Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
· College Diploma in Culinary Arts from a recognized education facility
· Preference will be given to those with related work experience
· This is a position requiring a motivated individual who works well with minimal supervision.
· It is expected that the Cook will establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, residents, visitors, and other staff.
· Prior experience in not-for-profit organizations and/or health care settings would be considered an advantage
· Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
· Must maintain a neat and clean appearance at all time in accordance with the policies of the Home and the policies of ARAMARK.
· Must be physically able to perform all assigned duties and functions
· Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift
· Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
· Must be able to obtain food safety certification
· Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
· Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 50 lbs.
Work With Us
Please submit resumes to:
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.