IT Project Director
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As a IT Project Director you will be joining CIBC's Remote Banking and Shared Services Project Management Office to manage delivery of a portfolio of Innovative Shared Services projects. The role will involve managing a team of 5 to 7 Project Managers and Project Control Coordinators.
How You'll Succeed
Strategic Development & Execution: Manage the day to day project or Program activities of highly complex project(s), in an inter-related strategic program following Technology's project performance standards. Perform high tactical business planning and return on investment analysis. Initiate, plan, execute, controls and close out the program or project with an emphasis on project inter-dependency management. Establish department policies and procedures. Must ensure that all necessary risk assessments and risk assessment processes are carried out at the appropriate time (Architecture, Governance, Security Threat Risk Assessment, Operational Gating). Lead RFP, vendor evaluation and selection process. Manage statements of work, contracts development and administration. Must ensure projects for which they are responsible meet the requirements of CIBC's standards, policies, and procedures.
Relationship Management: Maintain relationships with business management to identify technology needs and align application services to support those needs. Establish and maintain stakeholder, client and senior management relationships. Mentor sponsors and senior management.
Strong Leadership: Be a bold and authentic leader who is passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. Direct, motivate, develop and manage performance of the management team and key staff.
Who You Are
You can demonstrate experience in 8-10 years of end to end project delivery and project management experience as an IT Director, or in a similar role. Need to have experience managing demanding clients, multiple priorities, getting results in a matrixed environment where they may not have direct influence on project resources. Must have previous experience establishing and maintaining stakeholder and sponsor relationships and you have experience in integration projects and keen interest in architecture and high level design. It is an asset if you have previous experience working on Integration related Projects. Successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Shared Services projects led by a team of 6 to 8 Project Managers / PCOs.
You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create shared vision. Must have the ability to encourage, motivate and guide individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness
Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit