SURVEY ASSISTANT Kitimat, BC 04/06/2019
WSP in Kitimat, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects. In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Survey Assistant (labourer) to join our Geomatics Team, located at our Kitimat, BC office. Reporting to the Project Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting the Survey Party Chief in all aspects of field work including use and care of various survey instrumentation and equipment. Working at WSP you will use the latest technology including GPS, Robotic Total Stations, 3D Laser Scanners, UAV's as well as in-house customized tools and systems for field and office complete with dedicated in-house support.
- Assist the Party Chief in all aspects of field work including: searching for survey evidence which is often buried in the ground, cutting vegetation with handheld brush knives to clear lines-of-sight, carrying bulky equipment over uneven and rough terrain, operations of survey equipment, and vehicles
- Organize and maintain survey equipment and vehicle
- Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the WSP safety program
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Satisfy pre-employment requirements to demonstrate fit for duty, including drug screening
- A valid driver's license and ability to provide clean driver's abstract
- Survey assistants must enjoy working outdoors and be able to work out of town in remote locations for extended periods of time.
- Familiar with the operation of ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles and chainsaws is considered an asset
- Completed training and valid tickets in First Aid, H2S and CSTS safety training, is an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.