Process Improvement Specialist
Sobeys Inc. in Halifax, NS
Requisition ID: 52202
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Finance Shared Services
Travel Requirements: 30 - 40%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Home Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Process Improvement Specialist to join our National Finance Shared Services team. This position has the option to be based out of our office in Stellarton, NS or a home office in Halifax, NS.
_Note: If working from a home office, the successful candidate must be open to travelling to Stellarton, NS as required. _
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Lead project teams to define and deliver business objectives through best practice continuous improvement methodologies, approaches and tools; DMAIC, DMADV, Kaizen, Lean and PMbok.
- Apply project management technique disciplines to the planning and delivery of high quality work on time.
- Evaluate existing processes for efficiency and effectiveness opportunities: Recommend innovative ideas that question the status quo and demonstrate significant return.
- Work cross functionality with local and remote team members and stakeholders to execute on approved projects.
- Be a continuous improvement leader and support the business goals through coaching business partners on process improvement opportunities and tools.
- Establish metrics to measure success and track sustainability results.
- Use data and other research tools to identify trends, find root causes, solidify scope and frame roadmaps.
- Actively champion CI and Company goals and principles with all stakeholders.
- Perform post mortem process audit on closed projects.
- Manage and deliver project objectives
- Champion and educate business team member on CI methodologies, tools and strength of fact based analytics
- Support objectives of all Shared Services and CI work
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Post Secondary Education in Relevant Field (Engineering, Business, Economics etc…)
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience in driving high impact projects
- Demonstrated capability of applying CI methodologies and tools: DMAIC, DMADV, Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma tools like - Project Chartering, FMEA, SPC, Process Capability studies, MSA, Hypothesis Testing, KANO, fishbone…
- Excellent knowledge in Minitab Software and similar statistical analysis tools
- Experience working on diverse processes - Finance, Retail, Supply Chain and Transactional processes in a service environment
- Experience in Change management practices - Change agent to improvement initiatives
- Using proven methodologies (DMAIC, Kaizen, PMBOK) to lead all elements of projects: project management, problem solving and change management to achieve business objectives
- Collaborate with Process Analysts and Change Management leader to plan work
- Critical thinker with ability to influence without authority - the ability to create support and buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders and create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, and decision makers
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams/team members
- Strong content presentation abilities: oral and written
- Ability to take an ambiguous idea and formulate sound decisions by using business rationale and data
- Ability to be confident in interactions with Management regarding project identification, review presentations and driving project to achieve targeted objectives
- Ability to manage projects/documentation to standards when pivoting and refining scope and approach to projects as priorities evolve and change over time
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.