Associate, Prime Services Group
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Capital Markets arm of CIBC provides corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions to help them raise capital, and grow and invest actively throughout North America and key financial centres around the world. To deliver on its vision to be our clients' preferred capital markets banking partner across multiple products and services, both in Canada and where our core competencies can be exported. The Capital Markets mission is to bring Canadian Capital Markets products to Canada and the rest of the world, and also bring the world to Canada. The Prime Services Group (PSG) is looking to enhance its current suite of products to become more electronic. With a focus on Securities Lending, the Associate will work on tools that enable automated trading and enhance reporting capabilities to manage risk. The role is expected to collaborate with users across multiple regions. This is a contract opportunity.
How You'll Succeed
- Securities Lending Product Enhancement - Analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions. Support and maintain current tools that the Securities Lending Desk uses. Work with internal technology teams to develop components for automated trading. Evaluate new products and integration into the Prime Services ecosystem.
- Risk Management & Reporting - Work with internal teams (Risk Management, Technology, Treasury, Operations) to improve Management Reporting for Securities Lending from both a Risk and Revenue perspective. Re-evaluate the data and upgrade the formatting to be more user friendly. Reports include: Profit and Loss, Outstanding Balances, Historical Market Trends, and Stress Testing.
- Special Projects in Prime Services Group (PSG) - Work on special projects for PSG group including Margin Lending, Correspondent Clearing, and Electronic Trading
- Canadian Prime Brokerage technology cleanup - Canadian Prime Brokerage (CPB) relies on a number of custom software tools to automate a wide range of workflows. A number of these processes need work to meet additional requirements and to prepare CPB for a major technology platform change in 2019.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- Education & Industry Experience. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience). Capital Markets and Securities Lending experience an asset. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a keen interest in financial markets. Familiarity with Securities Lending platforms and services (e.g. Equilend, Markit Securities Finance, Loanet).
- Technical Skills. Solid development skills in C#, SQL Server, VBA. Expert excel user and experience working with large data sets
- Collaborative. Solid verbal and written communication skills. An ability to effectively manage interactions across various functional groups.
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-161 Bay St., 5th