Military Lifestyle Coordinator (Temporary contract position)
About the Employer
The Gagetown Military Family Resource Centre (GMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the sole responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve and advocate for the military community and their families, and which address the unique challenges of the military family lifestyle. The GMFRC is an equal opportunity employer.
About the job
The Military Lifestyle Coordinator, based in Oromocto, New Brunswick, supports and serves the families of Canadian Armed Forces members through a wide range of support programs.
Position title: Military Lifestyle Coordinator
Position type: Full Time Temporary Contract (ends March 31, 2020)
Languages: Written and spoken competencies in English and French essential
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (flexible to accommodate program delivery)
Screening required: Enhanced Reliability Screening
Salary and benefits: $42,000 to $49,416 plus benefits (based on qualifications and experience)
As the subject matter expert, the Military Lifestyle Coordinator provides briefings, develops and delivers workshops relevant to the needs of military families and civilian community partners. This position is responsible to educate and prepare military families and the community for the unique challenges and opportunities that are integral to the military lifestyle. As subject matter expert, this position also organizes and facilitates support groups for adults and children; and, serves as a referral source for individuals and the community.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of military lifestyle workshops and support programs.
- Act as point of contact and facilitate referral services that support families experiencing lifestyle issues.
- Responsible to connect with and to promote programs and services throughout New Brunswick specifically targeting Reservist communities and extended military family members.
- Ensure distribution of Deployment and Reunion Information packages as required.
- Maintain up to date listing and knowledge of community resources for information and referral.
- Maintain and facilitate community partnerships.
- University degree in related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in program design, communications, community outreach or and adult education.
- Experience working with individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis (weekdays, evenings, and some weekends).
- Knowledge of military lifestyle and resources.
Please send us your resume with an accompanying cover letter describing how your experience meets the skills and requirements of our organization. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Apply by email to:
Karen Goodyear, Deputy Director
A45 St. Lawrence Avenue
Oromocto (NB) E2V 4J5