Serveur ou serveuse / Server
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior's accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs almost 4000 people. The future is bright at Shannex. Currently operating five retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of two new campuses in Miramichi.
Faubourg du Mascaret, located on Université de Moncton's land in Moncton, NB offers a full continuum of services including Lifestyle apartments, Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Nursing Home service lines. With the anticipation of the opening of our new Bistro, we are seeking dynamic individuals to join our culinary team. Accommodating 40-60 patrons in a fine-dining environment, the bistro will offer a variety of meal and beverage options to residents and the public.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting, brand new opportunity:
Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 11am - 7pm
Located at Faubourg du Mascaret, in Moncton, New Brunswick and reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager as a part of the Food Services Team, the Server is responsible for providing food service to guests in the Bistro according to established quality and customer service standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Provides meal service to clients according to established standards, procedures and guidelines and respecting the client's right to individualized services;
- Ensures dining room appearance meets established standards including table linens pressed and in place, tables set with appropriate place settings for meals, and wait stations tidy and containing appropriate supplies;
- Cleans all dishes, dishwasher and dish areas including all dish sinks;
- Assists in the provision of catering services for internal and external events;
- Follows established dietary guidelines to ensure clients receive the appropriate menu modification as indicated by their medical condition;
- Communicates with the supervisor if there is a noted change in the nutritional status of a client (i.e. changes in appetite);
- Ensures procedures are followed when alcohol is being served;
- Provides ongoing feedback from clients and guests to the Dining Room Coordinator on meals and menu choices;
- Consistently ensures service delivery meets established department standards. Ensures meals are served on time and in a courteous manner;
- Assists in maintaining the process for client menus, diet slips and count sheets;
- Assists in managing the process for table reservations and Private Dining Room bookings under the direction of the Food and Beverage Manager;
- Assists in the process of orientation for new clients to the dining area and services when required;
- Assists with food service for special functions according to menu and established standards;
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this role. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the successful candidate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred;
- Demonstrated client focus;
- Advanced proficiency in the French and English language
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and directed;
- Demonstrated regular attendance;
- Food service experience;
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts.
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Basic food safety training or other recognized food safety education;
- Food & Beverage Service training;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in a senior's independent living environment
Work With Us
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted