Project Process Information Management Specialist Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Project Process Information Management Specialist to join our Project Team , located at our downtown Ottawa office. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Process Information Management Specialist is responsible for assisting in the administration and implementation of ProjectWise; supporting the documentation of project business processes and their integration with the quality processes; and, providing support to the other project control functions when required.
(PW Admin Support)
- Maintaining the ProjectWise Folder and User Group structures, including version control.
- Support the ProjectWise User Help Email and provide day-to-day basic ProjectWise troubleshooting
- Support User Maintenance activities
- Support Project and sub-project setup & maintenance.
- Provide training & support for users including ProjectWise basic functionality,
(Project Process Support)
- Provide support analyzing and mapping project processes and workflows, documenting procedures, reviewing documented processes with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various process owners to gather all information to facilitate clearly articulated process documents
- Interview process participants to understand their role in the process and collect feedback
- Document business processes using visual diagrams (i.e. flowcharts)
- Create applicable process forms and develop training material to support documented processes
(Other Support Activities)
- Provide surge or backup support to Document Control
- Provide documenting or process support to the scope-cost Lead
- Provide documenting or process support to Information Quality Lead and implementation of the Quality Management Plan.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project controls and computerized and manual document control management in an engineering, or related industry;
- Ability with or to quickly learn new document management software applications;
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with all staff levels within the office;
- Thorough knowledge of project documentation and engineering terminology;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.