Opportunities for Forklift Operators - Dieppe Tissue
Irving Tissue in Dieppe, NB
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Toronto, Ontario, Fort Edward, New York, and Macon, Georgia.
We are currently accepting resumes for current and future openings for Forklift Operators . This position can lead to additional opportunities within our production teams!
- Education Required: High School Diploma required, Trade Certification or Associate Degree in the following would be an asset: Electronics, Electrical and Mechanical Technology, Machining, Machine Shop, Manufacturing Engineering Technician and Electro Mechanical Technician/Technology. Great opportunity for new graduates!
- Years of Experience Required: 1-5 years
- Previous forklift experience would be considered an asset, although forklift training will be provided
- Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to work rotating shifts (days/nights/weekend)
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment
- High degree of attention to detail; organized and have demonstrated the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to perform shiftwork on rotation which includes nights and weekends
- Effective interpersonal skills, communication skills (verbal and written)
- High degree of safety awareness
- Operate mobile equipment with precision and safely within a production facility
- Remove recyclable materials from the production line and deliver to the appropriate destination
- Complete regular check list reports for both forklift safety and list of duties
- Report any mechanical or other problems relating to mobile equipment via forklift inspections report or other mediums
- Work with a team of employees which include logistics, production, and maintenance
- Contribute to safety by maintaining the warehouse and production area in a neat
- Remove raw material waste and dispose in compacting equipment
What We Offer:
- Starting wage of $22.20/hour with opportunity to progress
- Night shift and Sunday premiums
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits package
- RRSP retirement plan
- Plant bonus potential
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Uniform allowance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (ADD)
For more information on our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products Ltd., is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.