Opportunities for Machine Operators - Dieppe Tissue
Irving Tissue in Dieppe, NB
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Fort Edward, NY, Toronto, Ontario, Dieppe, New Brunswick, and Macon, Georgia.
We are currently accepting resumes for several current openings for Machine Operators . Reporting to the Shift Coordinator, this position is responsible for the safe production of tissue based products.
- Operate high speed production and packaging equipment and technology safely
- Perform diagnostics / troubleshooting duties of various production and packaging lines
- Maintain, monitor, and/or adjust equipment and technology based on the production runs and quality standards
- Handle and feed a variety of raw materials into machinery and equipment in an effort to maintain production runs
- Work closely with maintenance and logistics and use sound judgement when working with a team and other departments
- Perform all of the above duties safely and respect high health and safety standards, perform general housekeeping duties on assigned production and packaging lines in an effort to support safety standards
- All other related duties as assigned
- Education Required: College diploma in a related technical field preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to work rotating shifts (days/nights/weekend)
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment
- High degree of attention to detail; organized and have demonstrated the ability to multi-task
- Effective interpersonal skills, communication skills (verbal and written)
- High degree of safety awareness
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package with opportunity for progression
- Night shift and Sunday premiums
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits package
- RRSP retirement plan
- Plant bonus potential
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Uniform allowance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (ADD)
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our products and services, click here .
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products Ltd., is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.