Fredericton Registered Nurse Class B (RNCB) PCN 1154900
Horizon Health Network in Fredericton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-38225 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: DECH METHADONE CLINIC
FACILITY: Fredericton Addiction Services
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCB - Clinical Nursing Lead - Inpatient Detox & Opioid Replacement Treatment Program
CLASSIFICATION: RNCB Registered Nurse Class B
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $33.32 to $40.58 per hour
- This leadership role shall coordinate the planning of total nursing care in two Addiction programs (10 bed inpatient Detox unit and community based ORT Program), to meet individual needs of patients in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of Nursing Standards and the Horizon Health Network.
- To foster an environment of patient/family centered collaborative care, providing support and education as required
- To act as a liaison between medical staff, the team and patients/families
- To act as a liaison between inpatient and community resources
- Collaboration, and provision of leadership and coordination for professional/non-professional team members
- Actively registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Bachelor of Nursing with 3 years of current (within 5 years) Addiction & Mental Health experience
- A Post-Secondary Certificate in Mental Health Nursing or CNA certification
- Current BLS, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, ASIST, Addiction 101 and Motivational Interviewing are essential. Willingness to maintain re-certifications as required
- High level of interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team and independently
- Demonstrated awareness of assessment tools and treatment modalities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to relevant legislation and processes, including but not limited to the Mental Health Act, Family Services Act and NB Addiction withdrawal protocols
- Demonstrated competency in development of care plans and recovery planning
- Demonstrated ability to act as a positive role model/mentor
- Willingness to be flexible with place and hours of work as deemed necessary
- Ability to fulfill the duties of the position
- Previous exemplary work and attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful situations and prioritize
- Excellent communication and Organizational skills
- Willingness to participate in Reflective Clinical Supervision, Coaching Circles and Family Centered Care training.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- Aids in the development of and continuously evaluates effectiveness of individual nursing care plans, ensuring modifications as needed
- Works with patients /team to provide individualized recovery planning
- Monitors patient outcomes
- Ensures patient/family/community have been provided with information conducive to optimal outcomes
- Supports appropriate bed utilization
- Acts as a patient advocate, promoting an environment conducive to open communication and professionalism
- Coordinates and participates in Case Conferences as necessary
- Facilitates/participates in educational or therapeutic groups
- Acts as a mentor and support when carrying out assigned code team responsibilities ( all code categories)
- Acts as a change agent in support of enhanced patient outcomes
- Maintains knowledge of treatments, equipment and supplies pertinent to the service
- Acts as a role model, working collaboratively with other team members
- Assesses standards of practice and assures compliance within the unit, recommending changes in practice as warranted
- Participates in departmental , professional, network and community committees as relevant
- Consults and acts as a resource to the Team as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluates and communicates special patient needs and /or staffing needs to assure safe quality care provision
- Aids with or delivers patient care as necessary
- Maintains personal certification skills required
- Models professionalism ; maintains standards of practice and professional boundaries as determined by the service and NANB
- Assists with and supports the orientation of new staff
- Assists with educating patient/families/staff/community
- Supports the preceptorship program
- Recognizes and communicates exceptional and challenging staff issues to Manager
- Acts as a role model for professional nursing practice, supporting and guiding staff
- Promotes and demonstrates an interest in program activities, by attending staff meetings, participating on committees as requested and contributing to the development/evaluation of unit standards of care.
- Reports unsafe practices or professional misconduct which could possibly endanger patient safety
- Maintains an awareness of fiscal responsibility and promotes a culture of cost effectiveness
- Acts as a change agent to enhance quality of care, work environment and sustainability
- Works collaboratively with the Manager regarding optimization measures.
- These are the basic minimum duties required and are subject to change due to operational requirements.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by April 28, 2019
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 38225 Exte rnal . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network .