Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
(For a period of 15 weeks)
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking a Casual Tourism Counsellor for the Provincial Visitor Information Centre located in Campbellton.
As a member of the Visitor Information Centre unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Interact with visitors by offering tourism publications, answering travel-related questions and offering directions;
- Create awareness of tourism product activities with visitors;
- Assist visitors with itinerary planning and reservations;
- Conduct data collection;
- Perform the tasks related to the opening and closing the workplace;
- Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) year of related work experience in Customer Service.
Knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office products as well as the ability to search online or on the website for tourism information.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- working evenings, weekends and holidays.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Salary: $14.18/hour for 40 hours/week
We encourage applicants to apply on-line or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!