Pharmacy Assistant II 1
Sobeys Inc. in Sydney, NS
Sobeys Inc. is a proudly Canadian company with 110 years in the food business. Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provines under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drugs Stores as well as more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Fell Beter and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Pharmacy Assistant II is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. The Assistant is responsible to identify and schedule professional clinical services as well as focus on the achievement of pharmacy excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiencies, PROfile programs and inventory management. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Prescription assembly - data entry
- Process customer transactions (receive and release prescriptions)
- Receive in-person and telephone refill requests and record deliveries
- Promote PROfile programs
- Pill Pack Assembly
- Filing prescriptions, ordering and replenishing supplies, cleaning
- Drug order creation and receiving
- Schedule professional clinical services (i.e. medication reviews, health risk assessments, disease state managements etc.)
- BTC management
- Administrative Duties: cycle counts, narcotic counts, return to stocks, TML's, manual third parties
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Assist with other pharmacy operations as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree, Pharmacy Technology Certificate or other Pharmacy recognized program
- Previous pharmacy experience
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems
Sobeys is committed to accomodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accomodations at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.