Pharmacist - Lawtons 133 Shelburne Relief Split
Sobeys Inc. in Shelburne, NS
Requisition ID: 51227
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 50%+
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 0133 Shelburne Lawtons
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
This full-time position is split between shifts in Lawtons Drug Store #133 Shelburne and Relief Pharmacist shifts covering the South Shore of Nova Scotia. The Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmacy services to customers and medical practitioners. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies. The Pharmacist will also provide guidance and supervision to Pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants and will ensure that all patients are offered and receive professional clinical services. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Patient Focused Care
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Exceeds customer expectations through ROLES efficiencies
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Responsible for understanding all PROfile offerings and providing each customer with the program that meets their health needs including but not limited to:
- Pill Pack Plus
- Diabetes Care in Action
- Autofill Plus
- Health Inform
- Kids Club
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Injection Certification
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.