Clerk Senior Grocery
Sobeys Inc. in Digby, NS
Requisition ID: 52097
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Grocery Merchandising
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 0719 Digby Sobeys
Postal Code: B0V1A0
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Senior Grocery Clerk will provide customers with friendly and professional service. The Senior Clerk will fulfill duties for all areas of the Grocery Department. The Senior Grocery Clerk will supervise the Grocery department and staff in the absence of the Manager. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Supervise grocery personnel in the absence of the Manager
- Promote an employee culture of coaching and development
- Prepare grocery orders
- Perform daily grocery preparation
- Merchandise the Grocery Department
- Implement SMART retailing
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 12 months of experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.