DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
(from May to August 2019)
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking students within the Destination Marketing and Sales Branch in various locations throughout the province:
Campbellton Visitor Information Centre
Saint-Jacques Visitor Information Centre
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Provide excellent service to visitors;
- Search for tourism information online;
- Interact with visitors by offering tourism publications, answering travel-related questions and offering travel directions;
- Create awareness of tourism product activities with visitors;
- Assist visitors with itinerary planning and reservations;
- Conduct data collection.
- A student in the current academic year;
- A resident of New Brunswick or a First Nation community in New Brunswick;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- You must be attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the fall.*
- *Note: Grade 12 students are eligible if attending a full-time post-secondary institution in the fall
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume and please indicate your preferred work location.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client Services Orientation;
- Commitment to Learning;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Teamwork and Cooperation;
The following operational requirements are also required:
- working evenings, weekends; and holidays.
SALARY: $11.50 to $13.87 per hour (based on qualifications)
We encourage applicants to apply on-line or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This competition will remain open until the positions are filled.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!