Administrative Assistant- Casual
Human Resources Department
Job # C447
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for a casual Administrative Assistant position with the Human Resources Department based on a 35-hour workweek.
This is a non-union position accountable to provide administrative support services for the Human Resources Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining records and provide receptionist duties for the HR Department, as well as answering inquiries from the general public and other departments as may be required.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Director of Human Resources with direction from the current Executive Assistant.
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate:
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution where office skills were acquired.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally in English and French. Must meet Intermediate Plus (2+) Level as per the Province of NB Linguistic Standards in both official languages.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in performing similar or related duties.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple assignments that are accurate and thorough, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Above-average interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Strong computer proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience in Human Resources would be an asset.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS: Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall. To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - APRIL 25, 2019
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)