Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer Fredericton, NB 04/06/2019
WSP in Fredericton, NB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
FREDERICTON Overview of the Opportunity:
At WSP our Geotechnical team is working hard to continue to build and enhance our reputation as one of the country's leading geotechnical team of experts. WSP is currently seeking a strong Intermediate to senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Environmental group, located at our Fredericton office. We are continuing to grow our geotechnical practice in Atlantic Canada with operations in Dartmouth and Moncton. Our national geotechnical group has grown exponentially over the past few years, and we are continuing to lead in innovation, exciting projects, high-performing teams, and excellent opportunities for our employees. We're currently hiring for an Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical team and to be based at our Fredericton office, with frequent travel to our Moncton office being anticipated. Reporting to the Atlantic Geotechnical Manager, you will be provided with the opportunity to work on some exciting and impactful projects, and to be a part of a true Canadian success story. Come see for yourself what we can offer.
Why should you choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you can expect to do here:
- You'll be responsible for maintaining a strong technical involvement in projects and proposals;
- You will help to grow the business and mentor others in the team, contributing to knowledge transfer and workload management
- You will coordinate staff on a project level, occasionally across the region;
- You will review reports, proposals and technical specifications;
- You'll complete analysis of information and report preparation;
- You will prepare specifications, proposals and other documentation;
- You will be establishing standard methodologies within the discipline and improving our methods;
- You will complete invoicing for projects completed;
- You will have frequent client contact and drive business development;
- You will collaborate with the national WSP geotechnical community with over 375 staff across Canada;
- You will position WSP as a key advisor and consultant for our clients, and a true business partner;
- You will be representing WSP in the community to raise local brand awareness;
- You will always ensure health and safety policies are followed at all sites and take WSP's Life Saving rules to heart and;
- Other duties as assigned or required in your role.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Ideally a bachelor's degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, or a related discipline
- Several years of experience as a registered Professional Engineer with (APEGNB);
- Intermediate to senior level of experience and years of working in the industry in geotechnical engineering and field investigations;
- Leadership qualities and an interest in growing the discipline in Atlantic Canada
- Willingness to be mobile in New Brunswick and flexible to take on field or office work as needed;
- Your experience writing and producing high quality geotechnical reports;
- You'll have great communication skills, ideally in both official languages of New Brunswick;
- You are able to think and act independently, while accepting coaching, guidance and productive feedback;
- You are enthusiastic, resourceful, adaptable, well organized and you have an eye for details;
- You get along well with colleagues and always look for positive, productive and collaborative ways to solve problems as a team;
- You are a true professional, and believe in the power of engaged and high-performing teams and know what works well to get the most out of your peers;
- You can juggle priorities and are driven by a desire to succeed and produce high quality, renowned work product.
- You are able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as within a team environmental and under deadlines;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.