Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
NOTE: Aplicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie Bathurst
FACILITY: Youth Services - Bathurst
DEPARTMENT: Child and Youth Teams
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
STATUS: Permanent Full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: May 27, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule subject to change to meet operational needs.
As a member of the Child and Youth Services, the incumbent will be able to provide occupational therapy services to Children and Youths clientele in various community settings.Furthermore, the incumbent will be able to assess clients' needs, provide appropriate clinical interventions, develop care plans, and provide consultation and education services.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy;
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists and eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists;
- Ability to complete, within the set deadline, a course in nonviolent crisis intervention and suicide intervention (ASIST);
- Interest to pursue his or her professional development;
- Initiative, diligence, and appropriate professional judgment;
- Problem solving and clinical communication skills;
- Helping relationship ability ;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, co-workers, other partners and organizations, as well as the general public;
- Ability to provide educational sessions to patients, families and community groups;
- Good computer skills and proficiency in the use of software;
- Valid driver's license;
- Willingness to travel throughout the territory served by the zone 6;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment