Fredericton Health Information Professional 2 (HP02) PCN 1153582
Horizon Health Network in Fredericton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-38269 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
DEPARTMENT: Health Records
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Health Information Professional
CLASSIFICATION: Health Information Professional 2 (HP02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $25.45 to $31.12 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: The Health Information Professional is responsible for ensuring that health record information is complete and accessible in accordance with departmental, regional and legislative requirements.
- Successful completion of a Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) recognized Health Information Management (HIM) program.
- Successfully challenged the CHIMA national Certification Exam / holds a valid CHIMA certificate and is a current member in good standing with CHIMA.
- Successful completion of ICD10 / CCI coding testing may be required.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Health Information Professional 2 may be responsible for:
- Coding and abstracting data according to national and provincial standards.
- Verifying health record information to ensure that it meets all standards and regulations.
- Releasing Personal Health Information when appropriate.
- Performing basic data analysis and utilization management activities.
- Performing other functions related to health record information.
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
The Health Information Professional is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by April 24, 2019.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 38269 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.