Fredericton Social Worker 1 (SW01) PCN 1150510
Horizon Health Network in Fredericton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-38187 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
DEPARTMENT: Social Work
FACILITY: Oromocto Public Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Social Worker
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Some Evening/Weekends required, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $28.5755 to $38.8575 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: The Social Worker is responsible for providing clinical social work services to patients, families and staff.
- A university degree in Social Work.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required. (Intermediate Plus)
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application**
The Social Worker is responsible for:
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapy to individuals and groups
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Preparing and presenting information and education sessions
- Providing mentoring and support for students
- Participating in developing, maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures
- Some travel is required as there will be workload at other hospitals in Fredericton & Upper River Valley area.
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Influencing Skills
- Information Gathering
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Stress Management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by April 24, 2019.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 38187 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.