Upper River Valley Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1153184
Horizon Health Network in Waterville, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-38042 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Upper River Valley
DEPARTMENT: Operating Room
FACILITY: Upper River Valley Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse 2 UPP
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Operating room nursing encompasses professional and clinical nursing activities which focus on identifying and meeting the needs of the surgical patient while applying the nursing process in a caring, confidential and skilled manner. The Perioperative Registered Nurse is a patient advocate who is accountable for providing individualized patient care while working in a multidisciplinary environment. Operating Room nurses adhere to departmental policies and procedures, as well as regional and national standards of care. At URVH, as a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Nurse will provide quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice to patients and families in the Post Anesthetic Care Unit, Day Surgery and Pre-Surgical Screening Clinic as well. When on call must be able to report for duty on unit within 20 minutes
- Active registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Approved operating room course or minimum of 1950 hours experience in operating room in the last 5 years
- Physically able to perform the assigned duties
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Good work and attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situation, rapidly changing priorities and complex patient needs
- Demonstrated assessment skills and ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Requires ongoing education and training to be completed within set timeframes
- Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Recent (within the last 5 years) Post Anesthetic Care Unit experience.
- Recent (within the last 5 years) Day surgery Experience.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- If no qualified internal or external applicants with experience or training, applicants willing to complete necessary training to work in the OR may be considered
- Requires ongoing education and training to be completed in the required time frames
- Must be willing to float to other areas of the hospital where required by the facility.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by April 24, 2019.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 38042 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network .