Miramichi Dietitian 1 (DT01) PCN 1750025
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-37160 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
DEPARTMENT: Regional Diabetes Program
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Dietitian 1
CLASSIFICATION: Dietitian 1 (DT01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, TEMP: May 6, 2019 to June 17, 2020, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $28.6537 to $37.5896 per hour (Subject to employment status)
JOB PURPOSE: The Dietitian is responsible for managing the nutritional care of clients.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition or dietetics and successful completion of an accredited internship program.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Dietitians.
- Certified Diabetes Educator or willing to obtain.
- A minimum of two years experience as a dietitian.
- Experience in Diabetes management is required.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
The Dietitian is responsible for:
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapy to individuals and groups
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Preparing and presenting information and education sessions
- Providing mentoring and support for students
- Participating in developing, maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Interpersonal Relations
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by April 24, 2019.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 37160 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.