Job type: Full-time
Location: St. John's, NL
Posted: April, 2019
Who We Are:
Integrated Informatics is a software development shop servicing the Energy and Natural Resource sectors, specializing in Geographic Information System implementation and development.
Founded in 2002, Integrated Informatics provides decision support, workflow process automation, spatial data management, application development, and automated mapping solutions to clients throughout North America with offices in St. John's, NL, Calgary, AB, and Houston, TX.
We offer a positive working environment and a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
We are looking for a Senior/Intermediate Python Developer to join the team in our St. John's, NL office.
- The Python Developer will play a key role in a variety of activities such as solutioning, design, development, implementation, training, and support
- You will be working on a combination of commercial, client, and R&D projects in an exciting and fast-paced environment
- The core activity for this role is application development of high-performance desktop and web GIS applications for spatial data integration, analysis, and visualization - from project scoping and time estimates through to delivery and close-out.
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering or relevant experience
- 5+ years developing commercial grade applications using Python
- Writes highly readable, maintainable, and elegant code
- Plays nice with source control (git, tfs, svn, etc.)
- Writes tests, uses a debugger, and understands PEP-8
- Knows the importance of refactoring code and how to perform it within Python
- Smart, strong work ethic, enthusiastic, driven, and gets things done
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and ability to work in a team environment
- Understands and applies design patterns for code design and maintenance
- Any experience with Python GUI and graphing libraries considered a strong plus
- Any experience with C/C++/Cython/Python C API considered a strong plus
To apply, send cover letter and resume to:
no phone calls please