Administrative Assistant ASL 3
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Administrative Assistant ALS 3
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is seeking an individual to join the Early Learning and Childcare branch as an Administrative assistant working in Shediac.
As a member of the Early Learning and Childcare team, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide administrative support. The successful candidate will be responsible to perform a wide variety of confidential and delegated duties using considerable independent judgment, initiative and discretion at all times.
- Manage the application process for new licences and renewal of licences for the operation of early learning and childcare facilities. This includes:
- providing access to the applications for applicants,
- ensuring all documentation is provided with the submitted applications,
- communication with applicants and operators when further information and documentation is required,
- use of the data management system.
- Manage the early learning and childcare telephone lines, emails and faxes; communicate clear and accurate information to the public, parents and child care operators regarding various issues including information about licensing, providing appropriate documentation and managing complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Format documents and prepare and send out correspondence, including letters and memos to stakeholders and internal staff, and confidential and legal documentation, such as letters to parents informing them of an investigation,
- Preparation of early learning and childcare licences and permits.
- Support to the public posting of online inspection reports.
- Responsible for the coordination of translation requests, the purchasing of supplies, and processing of payments.
- Position may be required to perform other related duties as required
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A High school diploma, supplemented by one year of post-secondary education in a related field. A minimum of three (3) years of related work experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience managing contracts
- General knowledge of key financial management concepts
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client Service Orientation;
- Concern for Order;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Results Orientation;
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPTENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to use Office Technology, Software and Applications;
- Knowledge of the department's Administrative Processes, Practices and Procedures;
- Planning and Organizing Skills.
- Written Communication.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $1472 to $1785 bi-weekly
We encourage applicants to apply on-line or by mail at the following address by April 28, 2019 indicating competition number: 18-2000-049. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Education and
Early Childhood Development
Human Resources Services
Place 2000, 250 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
Telephone: 1 506 444-4909
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!