Director, Business Development
Job Title: Director, Business Development
Job Posting #: 4284
Reports To: Vice-President International Marketing
Date Posted: April 1, 2019
Location: Halifax International Airport
Close Date: May 31, 2019
Position Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to the Vice President International Marketing the role of the Director Business Development is to assist and manage key Marketing and Business Development activities in line with the strategic initiatives at IMP Aerospace and Defence and its Operating Units. This position is based in Halifax, NS.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct marketing\business development activities including; market research, identification and assessment of new opportunities, competitor analysis, business case development, and proposal preparation and management.
- Development and leadership of campaign capture strategies and objectives to promote the corporation and develop relationships with stakeholders to grow the business.
- Assist in development of Win Themes, identification of customer solutions, consults with management to provide required proposal inputs.
- Helps maintain and advance customer relationships to anticipate future business opportunities.
- Development of international markets through identification and recruitment of in-country representatives, use of Foreign Affairs and Trade offices/embassies, foreign military attachés and other Canadian governmental organizations including CCC, EDC and others.
- Identification & recommendation of project/program teaming relationships and identification of corporate partners and subcontractors.
- Assist in identifying potential acquisition targets.
- Assist with public relations and communications coordination including the development of promotional material and publications, media promotion, press releases, presentations, events and websites.
- Interact with necessary internal departments/subsidiaries of IMP Group and IMP Aerospace and Defence on proposal activities and campaigns and building on synergies within the business unit.
- Management and streamlining of internal marketing processes including Customer Relational Management (CRM) and Business Development Opportunities Pipeline management to improve the efficiency of opportunity development and client follow up.
- Other duties as assigned to support marketing and business development.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or Business program. Military or industry experience may be considered as equivalent. As well, have a minimum of 5 - 7 years progressive management experience working in two or more of the following areas: Business Development, Sales, Contracts, Product Support or Program Management.
Additional preferred competencies, skills and abilities include, but are not limited to:
- Self-motivated, well organized, personable and professional. A high-level individual contributor with strong sales talent. Results-driven, people-oriented style. Strong situational awareness and a high level of adaptability.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to distill complex problems into convincing recommendations to senior leadership and at all levels within the organization.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to identify & develop business leads and opportunities.
- Proposal Development & Management Skills.
- Experience with government procurement practices and programs.
- International business experience.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.