Manager, Human Resources Services
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full time staff role based in Halifax NS.
- Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on Human Resources
- Years of Experience Required:
- 10 years work experience in a Human Resources role
- 5 years as a leader of people in a Human Resources role
- Experience in a unionized setting
- Experience in Manufacturing and/or Heavy Industry
- Experience with Immigration matters (LMIA, Permanent Residency)
- CHRP designation considered an asset.
- Experience working in a multi-site environment with Corporate Center of Excellence, HR Shared Services
- Shipbuilding experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse workforce
- Excellent computer systems skills; MS Office and HRIS;
- Customer focused individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Provide a high standard of consistent client customer service to leaders and employees withing the organization and ensure HR programs are effectively communicated.
- Work proactively to build strong relationships with leadership and employees through out the company with a focus on building rapport and credibility.
- Responsible for leading a team of HR Business Partners who act as the primary point of contact to leaders with their assigned client portfolios.
- Work collaboratively with leadership within the HR team and JDI to draw upon their expertise in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.