Senior Investigator, EAML Special Investigations %26 Outreach Unit (SIU)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering Team Special Investigations unit (EAML SIU) is responsible for handling investigations relating to more complex and sophisticated cases. As a Senior Investigator, EAML Special Investigations Unit (SIU), you will be responsible for reviewing CIBC client accounts, analyzing transactional activity, conducting a link analysis to identify third parties, crafting clear concise reports and prepare executive summaries.
How You'll Succeed
- Analytical- You will be analyzing customer account activities and clearly, concisely and effectively document findings and rationale to support analysis. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way
Critical Thinking Skills - You will use critical thinking skills to inform your decision making for preparing Suspicious Transaction Reports for filings with FINTRAC.
Client Centric- You will engage with purpose to find the right solutions and provide AML guidance and recommendations on case related files.
Organization Skills - You will use solid organizational planning, and time management skills with an ability to multi task, gather, organize and interpret data, summarize analysis, formulate conclusions and recommend course of action
You're driven to succeed- You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
Who You Are
You can demonstrate experience in an Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing framework, and knowledge of regulatory requirements.
You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.