Senior DevOps/ CloudOps Engineer
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Innovations is seeking a Sr. DevOps/CloudOps Engineer to work with our IT Professional Services team on an infrastructure automation project. The DevOps/CloudOps Engineer will be responsible for client-based projects, and in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Remotely installing operating systems and updates on bare servers utilizing modern automation technologies.
- Automating the entire server provisioning, patching and upgrading processes.
- Using Ansible scripting as the main automation vehicle.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to clients who are switching to microservices based architecture based on RedHat's OpenShift PaaS.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in information technology.
- Expert level in Ansible scripting.
- Experience with microservices-based architecture based on RedHat's OpenShift platform (Containers + Kubernetes).
- Experience working on large infrastructure automation projects.
- Knowledge of Linux (any flavor) - system administrator experience.
- Solid understanding of VMWare API's and PXE based bare metal automation.
- Experience in Telecommunications industry is an asset.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!