Construction Coordinator and 3rd Party Auditor - Power Group Markham, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Markham, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
The Construction coordinator and 3rd Party Auditor position will provide construction auditing support for various projects consisting of underground and overhead lines for power distribution systems. This role requires the ability to support multiple projects among offices and to prioritize work assignments. Additionally, this role requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Perform and responsible for the overall construction and installation coordination, monitoring, and 3 rd party auditing for OHL and UG distribution asset (lines, underground cables/vaults, and distribution stations, in both utility-owned and customer-owned contexts),
- Daily site auditing and monitor work completed in the field, and verify it with design package on the behalf of Utility
- Auditing on Projects regarding the safety and quality of the contractor's construction
- Approve monthly progress claims, identify/issue NCRs / tracked weekly progress, maintained daily site logs, and inspection records to ensure construction is proceeding based on the schedule and associated cost
- Technical clarification and reply technical RFIs
- Review and verify construction invoices/ unit price billing and CNs
- Support client through various on-going commercial issues
- Coordination with other utilities and stakeholders if needed
- The minimum educational qualifications are 3 years' of technical school or equivalent in Engineering Design Technologies or 5 year relevant work experiences in similar position.
- Working knowledge with drawing files in AutoCAD and MicroStation will be asset.
- Technical knowledge related to construction of the distribution service (relocation, replacement and new asset).
- Familiarity with distribution standards (CSA - USF).
- Knowledge about THESL distribution standards and working experiences with Toronto Hydro project is asset.
- Minimum two (2) or more years of experience, including design, construction and / or auditing of OHL and UG distribution assets.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.