Senior Technologist, Highways & Roads Transportation Engineering Vancouver, BC 04/06/2019
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Technologist to join our Highways and Roads, Transportation Engineering team based out of our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for designing a variety of Transportation Engineering projects including design of highway, railway, and pedestrian bridges and design guidance to other team members as well as a wide range of project requirements including but not limited to:
- Technical analysis and design;
- Report preparation;Cost estimating;
- Preparation and review of drawings;
- Contract specifications / documentation;
- Contract administration service;
- Liaison with all discipline members, sub-consultants, clients, and agencies;
- Conceptual preliminary and detailed design drawings;
- Provide training and guidance to junior staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Technology graduate;
- 10+ years of experience in urban and rural transportation projects (e.g. roads/highways interchanges, transit, cyclist ,etc);
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specs;
- Competence in Microsoft platforms including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project;
- Competence in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASTTBC;
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable in working independently in both an office and field environment; and
- Valid driver's license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.