Survey Project Manager - New Westminster New Westminster, BC 04/06/2019
WSP in New Westminster, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
NEW WESTMINSTER, BC
WSP is currently seeking a Survey Project Manager to join our Geomatics group , located at our New Westminster office. Reporting to the Senior Manager , this position will be responsible for maintaining client relationships through exceptional client communication and Project Management for the delivery of services that meet or exceed client expectations. This is accomplished by utilizing all Project Management principles to; manage client expectations; scope of work; budget management; schedule; team management; along with clear and timely external/internal communications. These objectives are to be achieved along with WSP's project profitability (Gross Margin) targets.
- Build, maintain and strengthen positive relationships with clients.
- Prepare proposals.
- Improve profitability of projects through coordination, schedule and scope management.
- Manage client expectations, scope creep and scope changes through active communication while at the same time achieving WSP's project level profitability targets (Gross Margin).
- Communicate with clients and internal team members to ensure timely flow of information, actions, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Ensure QMS, legislation and industry standards are met or exceeded to manage risk for both the Client and WSP.
- Participate in the development of the Standard Operating Procedures and other QMS activities.
- Mentor and support the development of self and the project team members.
- Diploma or Degree in Geomatics Engineering Technology, B.Sc. in Geomatics or related discipline.
- Member in good standing with local Survey or Technologist Association.
- 5+ years of previous project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization; is a great team member.
- Ability to work without supervision; effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity.
- Computer literate; proficient in Windows; MS Word and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong awareness of project budget, scope and primary tasks to maintain project schedules.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, statutes and codes pertaining to project impacts and Land Surveying services.
- Adaptable and able to think outside the box.
- Ability to support and mentor/teach other members of the team.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
New Westminster, BC