Design Quality Manager Thornhill, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Design Quality Manager, to join our Rail and Transit Division team in Thornhill, ON. Reporting to the Director, Rail and Transit Division, the Design Quality Manager will be responsible to assure design quality through the whole design and construction process. As a member of the Rail and Transit team, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on large, complex Transportation and Building projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytical thinking and excellent people skills, you'll lead the following quality activities:
- Support project quality execution in Rail and Transit with a team of Engineers and Specialists across disciplines (e.g. rail, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical);
- Collaboratively work with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the all the Quality Management Plans are clearly defined and understood. Internal stakeholders include professional engineers from various disciplines;
- Responsible for all Quality Management Plans, including: CAQMP, DQMP, CQMP, EQMP, TQMP and PSQMP;
- Responsible to ensure that reviews, checking and verification are undertaken during the design and construction stages;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Relevant degree from an accredited university that is recognized by the provincial governing body of professional engineers;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
- Minimum 10 years' experience overseeing design in multi-disciplinary urban transportation infrastructure projects;
- Certification as a quality professional from certifying bodies; as a minimum successful completion of an ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Course;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Take initiative and display a commitment to contribute to the team;
- Flexible and able to prioritize workload in conjunction with project delivery teams;
- Strong work ethic, professional ethics and a team-player;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.