Document Control Specialist North York, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in North York, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Document Control Specialist to join our Rail & Transit team, located at our project site office. This position will be responsible for the management of all information on the project, filing of the information and the distribution and receipt of the information among the project team members, reviewers and stakeholders.
- Responsible for receiving, checking, documenting, distributing and filing all pertinent project documentation;
- Documenting project records in SharePoint, documenting drawings in CDS, documenting and distributing design submissions, and documenting and distributing Tender and Construction packages;
- Assisting in the receipt, archiving and hold requirements for drawings, as-builts, contract changes and other documents received from consultants and eventually the construction site offices;
- Interfacing with the Project Team on Document Control matters and training all applicable project staff in the use of the document management system;
- Scanning, filing, photocopying, report preparation and drafting of letters and correspondence;
- Ensure all project documentation is compliant with project formats, company standards, styles, and verification forms;
- Organize final reports and submissions for delivery and prepare courier packages;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A university degree or college diploma in a related discipline, or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed to be equivalent;
- Knowledge of ProjectWise, SharePoint and document controls procedures required;
- Ten or more years in a document controls environment;
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines;
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel skills;
- Team player with a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks/deadlines;
- Integrity, professionalism and excellent communication and interpersonal skills that are required to handle both internal and external communications with tact and diplomacy.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
North York, ON