Senior Cost Analyst North York, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in North York, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Cost Analyst to join our Rail & Transit team located at our project office in Toronto. Reporting to the Manager, this position is responsible for compiling, monitoring and reporting on project costs and progress in relation to the project budget.
- Under the direction of the project controls manager, build and maintain the necessary processes and systems to collect and report on costs at the level of detail required for monitoring project costs and maintaining project authorizations;
- Build and maintain the project trends and changes log;
- Work with the project team and client's staff to forecast costs and update the project's cash flow projection;
- Research project information and investigate anomalies related to the controls function of costs;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in a relevant discipline, such as business administration or accounting;
- Proficiency in project controls fundamentals including earned value management is a requirement, with at least 10 years' experience in a project controls role;
- Sound knowledge of standard accounting principles and practices;
- Comprehensive knowledge of costing concepts, procedures and techniques;
- Requires sound judgement; excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, verbal communication and technical report writing skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
North York, ON