Intermediate Mechanical Technologist Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Technologist to join our Mechanical & Electrical Team , located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Manager M&E, this position will be responsible for developing mechanical building and process systems from schematic design stage through to completion. .
- You will design and draft HVAC, plumbing, fire-protection systems and process piping systems for light industrial applications;
- You will carry out heating, ventilation, and cooling load calculations using software programs;
- You will review information from reports and published documents; evaluate and analyze the information to understand the requirements of project;
- You develop complex technical designs to ensure an exemplary solution that meets quality parameters, project timelines requirements;
- You will work as part of an integrated project team;
- Perform technical reviews and edits drawings as required and review engineering design requirements to offer recommendations; builds drawings to support constructions project;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma from an accredited institution
- You have 5+ years of experience in Mechanical Design focused on a wide range of building projects
- You must currently hold or be eligible to obtain security clearance
- Excellent working knowledge with AutoCAD and Revit software
- Excellent working knowledge with Autodesk Plant 3D software and asset
- Proven understanding of Plumbing, Fire Protection and HVAC layouts
- Experience in central chilled water plant and district energy systems is an asset
- Good working knowledge of MS Office 2013
- A "can do" attitude with good initiative, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and social skills required
- You have a proven track record of working reciprocally in a team environment.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.