Senior Solutions Consultant
Bell Aliant in Grand Manan, NB
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth, and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice, and unified communications, contact center, security, Internet of Things, data center and cloud. We're proud to be Canada's leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
The professional services delivery team, within Bell Business Markets (BBM), is responsible for the design, execution, and implementation of networking solutions for the enterprise customer market.
The continued growth and success of this delivery team, in the marketplace, is directly attributed to the expertise and the professionalism of its staff, the trust and confidence of its technology partners and the unrelenting demands it places on itself in pursuit of that most important determining attribute, Customer Satisfaction. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Senior Solutions Consultant with the same sense of responsibility to the customer, respect for the individuals and drive for personal growth as the current team exemplifies.
Our professional services delivery team has an immediate need for a Senior Solutions Consultant
As part of a leading edge technology team, the Senior Network Solutions Consultant works with Sales and Account Architect (LAN/WAN/WIFI/UC) assisting customers in designing, analyzing, improving, and troubleshooting their overall LAN and/or WAN data network. The team provides consulting and professional services for customers considering, implementing or deploying new network services. In addition, consulting services are provided to customers who want to deploy new data networks or have unresolved technical issues and want to improve general network performance for their existing data networks.
- Manage and execute Professional Services (Network and WIFI) engagements and contracts
- Perform customer needs analysis, assist in the development of scope of work (SOW)
- Act as technical design & implementation authority for new data network deployments, including routing, switching, WIFI, SDWAN and virtualization, and automation.
- Conduct & analyze overall network assessments (which may include UC assessment). Complete network documentation
- Troubleshoot Network performance issues
- Present and provide detailed written recommendations to customer's operational and management teams
- Maintain leading-edge technical knowledge and expertise
- Strong technical expertise and aptitude in the following areas:
- IP / TCP / UDP (IP Addressing, IP Header, TCP 3 Way Handshake, Connection oriented vs. Connection less, Well known ports )
- Advanced Network Routing, Switching, Wireless - Design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Certifications: CCIE or CCNP (Network or DC), CCDP, CWNA, Meraki CMNA, VMware VeloCloud and NSX, Viptella
- University degree: Computer Engineering, Computer Science - or equivalent experience (must have a focus on Networking)
- Experience with datacenter switching hardware Cat 65xx and Nexus hardware; F5 LTM/GTM, Cisco ACI, Ansible, Python.
- Advanced wireless - Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Networks, Ekahau
- Experience with Key Tools & Operating Systems (Tools: MS Office, Sniffer (Ethereal), Chariot, Vivanet Network Assessor, OSs: W2K, WXP, W7)
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills (Report Writing, Presentation skills, interpersonal skills)
- Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, Power point skills required
- IP Telephony Basics (RTP, RTCP, H.323, SIP, etc.)
- Experience with Running Large IP Networks (Troubleshooting skills, Best Practices, Customer Perspective, etc.)
- Application Experience (DNS/DHCP /Microsoft(MCSE on 2007 +)
- 8 plus years of relevant related experience
- Business acumen - customer focused and experience working with external customers
- Strong communication skills - Ability to translate technical issues into the business language as well as to conduct in-depth technical discussions
- Ability to identify and convert opportunities into professional services engagements
- Conduct customer needs analysis and prepares professional service scope of work, proposal, and contract documents
- Analytical and innovative - ability to collect data, analyze information and develop feasible recommendations
- Ability to translate technical issues into business benefits and opportunities
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations
- Independent and self-motivated
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 06/14/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, NS, Halifax