Administrative and Events Coordinator
The Union of Municipalities of New Brunswick (UMNB) is a non-profit association of sixty member local governments, representing over one third of New Brunswick's population. Our work includes government advocacy, membership services, research, and events such as our Annual Conference. Municipalities are the level of government closest to people's daily lives, and we work to support them.
About the job:
As Administrative and Events Coordinator, you will be key to making UMNB's operations run smoothly. You will oversee our office administration, help us communicate with members and the public, and help coordinate our meetings and events. You will be making a difference in a friendly, flexible work environment.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director
- Coordinate UMNB's office administration, including mailing, filing, and banking
- Assist in event coordination, including Board meetings and the Annual Conference
- Assist in communication with members, media, government, and the public
- Assist in member communications, including social media posts and website updates
- Support the Board of Directors and committees, including minute-taking
- Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent experience in a related field
- Strong English and/or French oral and written communication skills
- Computer experience: Office (Word, Outlook, Excel); Bookkeeping (Sage50)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Bilingualism is a strong asset
Work With Us
Position type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Location and Hours: Fredericton, NB. Office hours 8:30-4:30 PM. Some work outside Fredericton and/or normal weekly business hours will be required.