Financial Information Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Information Specialist will participate in the implementation of IFRS standards, more specifically IFRS 17 on insurance contracts. The person will be the point of reference and the person responsible for monitoring the development of accounting standards for the Company and its subsidiaries.
He / she will be required to participate as a member of the project team which will include members from the Actuarial and IT services. The Specialist will be required to interpret de details of the accounting standards by conducting research and analysis to ensure that the Company is compliant. He / she will identify improvements or changes required to the processes or systems and ensure that the financial information is adequately captured and treated in the objective of efficiently preparing precise financial statements in accordance with the standards.
In addition to the role of financial information, he / she will perform various key tasks in the Finance department.
- As the contact person responsible for accounting standards, you must closely monitor the development and innovation in IFRS standards
- Analyze and interpret details of IFRS standards in order to determine and communicate the impacts for the Company (and its subsidiaries) and its financial statements
- Participate in defining the required changes to systems and processes to ensure financial information is properly processed and that financial statements are generated according to standards
- Coordinate and collaborate with related sectors (Actuarial and IT) as well as external consultants during the implementation of IFRS 17
- Communicate work plan updates to stakeholders
- Support the Finance team to meet regulatory requirements:
- Participate in the analysis and processing of financial information
- Participate in the production of various financial reports
- Contribute to the support offered to other lines of business and subsidiaries of the Company
- Post-secondary degree in accounting or related field
- Professional title in accounting (CPA)
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the financial field, whether internal or external auditor or in the preparation / analysis of financial statements.
- Good knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Experience and knowledge in the insurance industry would be considered an asset
- Strong analysis and synthesis skills to interpret the details and impacts of IFRS accounting standards.
- Good sense of autonomy, organization and professional judgment
- Ability to work alone and as a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills (in French and English)
Work With Us
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Assumption Life subscribes to the principle of employment equity.
If this challenge fits your career aspirations and you wish to play a key role in the challenging development of our business, submit your application online by April 29, 2019.