DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
(from May to September 2019)
Larry's Gulch Lodge
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Larry's Gulch Lodge team with the Parks and Attractions Branch, as a prep cook.
As a member of the Larry's Gulch Lodge team, the successful candidate will be responsible to ensure a quality product as well as a timely and consistent level of service within a fast-paced work environment. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Food preparation and serving customers as per safe and sanitary food-handling practices;
- Maintenance and up-keep of work area as well as the equipment used during food preparation;
- Checking proof of purchase receipts from customers and ensuring they receive correct orders; and
- Assisting other staff as required.
- Completion of grade 10;
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in preparing large quantities of food;
- Knowledge and understanding of procedures related to safety, sanitation and food handling.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that your preferred language for assessment is stated on your resume.
The following operational requirements may be required:
- Working evenings and weekends;
- Working variable hours;
- Ability to work extended periods in a kitchen environment (ex: occasional mild exposure to heat, cold and water; long periods standing);
- Ability to read, understand and communicate basic cooking directions.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Concern for Order
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
SALARY: $14.90 per hour.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address by April 26, 2019.
Department of Tourism, Heritage & Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!