Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Long Term Care (3A)
CLASSIFICATION : Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 15 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : March 2019
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour and/or 12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Supervised by the registered nurse, he/she will give general care to the hospitalized patients. Perform any other related tasks according to the needs of the department..
- Member in good standing of the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses (ANBLPN);
- BLS certification (Basic Life Support) and to continue to maintain his/her certification;
- Working knowledge in information technology;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment