Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Intensive Care
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : July 14th, 2019
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation - Possibility of 8 and/or 12 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful candidate cares for patients in critical condition by applying a care model centered on patients and their families. They work in collaboration with the interprofessional team. They are responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing care with the medical service team while respecting the physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Relevant acute care experience (minimum of one year's experience on a medical or surgical unit acquired over the past five years);
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate;
- Critical care certificate or equivalent, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certificate, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- Ability to remain calm during sometimes tense situations;
- Ability to get organized and set priorities;
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, clients and visitors with tact and courtesy;
- Interest in increasing personal knowledge;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"