Clerk File Maintenance
Sobeys Inc. in Yarmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 51845
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail Operations Admin
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Sobeys - 612 (Yarmouth)
Postal Code: B5A 2T5
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The File Maintenance Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The File Maintenance Clerk delivers the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. The File Maintenance Clerk demonstrates the highest level of adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies, Health & Safety, and other relevant programs and initiatives. The File Maintenance Clerk demonstrates excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills, and commitment to the success of the team.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures
- Performs required duties of the Floor Maintenance Program
- Keeps work area clean, safe, and presentable at all times
- Demonstrates growth in product knowledge; remains aware of product changes and seasonal
- Is consistently dependable, conscientious, and punctual
- Adheres to Dress Code
- Uses appropriate computer applications and pricing program
- Ensures pricing data is imputed
- Monitors and edits discontinued and deleted items from computer file
- Ensures accurate verification of shelf tags to computer file, warehouse prices, and detail order books
- Ensures daily price change printouts are reviewed daily and price change batches are reconciled
- Ensures data from file server is imported, changes are verified, and data is transferred to POS
- Ensures price changes are activated
- Ensures shelf labels, signage, and displays are created and displayed to company standards
- Maintains sufficient stock of printing supplies for signs and price tickets
- Ensures signage accuracy is verified to weekly ad list
- Ensures various item reports are prepared and forwarded to appropriate departments
- Trains junior staff according to standards
- Passion for Customer Service
- Commitment to the Team
- Genuine Concern for Health, Safety and Sanitation
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Effective Interpersonal / People Skills
- Good Business / Industry Knowledge
- Excellent teamwork
- Consistently dependable, conscientious, & punctual
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- Awareness of and commitment to department Standard
- Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.