Project Coordinator - CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
PROJECT COORDINATOR - CSC
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Working as part of the Project Controls team, this role covers support to a wide variety of management processes, as well as a number of administrative tasks.
Support in this context means the coordination of approved processes and the highlighting of any issues or potential improvements. Carrying out changes to the current approved process will be carried out and communicated by more senior roles.
The processes being supported are, in the main:
- Office administration including meeting coordination (scheduling, logistics), and onboarding of new staff
- Customer or internal reporting, in accordance with the defined monthly drumbeat. Documents must be in the correct format and ready for release prior to submission to the customer
- Project Risk Management
- Baseline change control
- Tracking of deliverables and actions
- Effective and compliant administration of access to information, with communication of key project data to the project team (visualization)
- Maintenance of the file management system for the CSC Project (electronic and physical)
- Relevant Post-Secondary education required
- Initiative (potential improvements to existing processes should be highlighted)
- Ability to learn new processes
- Flexible (tasks may vary over time from that initially described)
- Requires little direction once tasked
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail
An approach to work delivery that focuses on repeatable accuracy of data and an enthusiastic drive to meet timescales is more important to this role than previous background in a similar industry.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.