Senior Project Controls Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR PROJECT CONTROLS SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full time position, located in Halifax, NS.
Working as part of the Project Controls team, this role focuses on the effective delivery of a variety of management processes. In addition, this role is required to identify any issues or potential improvements, and carry out any changes to the current processes, as authorized by the Project Controls Manager.
An understanding of all the processes listed below will be required, in support of a specific area of project scope, with a more detailed understanding of one or two processes in order to act as the project's Subject Matter Expert.
The processes are, in the main:
- Customer and internal reporting, in accordance with the defined monthly drumbeat.
- Project Risk Management
- Baseline change control
- Tracking of deliverables, actions and customer comments
- Progress and financial variances in the context of an Earned Value Management System
- Communication of key project data to the project team
- Configuration control between reporting data and the outputs from the Scheduling team
- Development of more junior Controls team members to increase their process understanding.
- Initiative (potential improvements to existing processes should be highlighted)
- Ability to learn new processes
- Flexible (tasks may vary over time from that initially described)
- Requires little direction once tasked
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail (repeatable accuracy of data)
- Relevant Post-Secondary education required
- Experience within a major project environment required
- Experience in engineering, manufacturing or planning considered an asset
- Knowledge of project management experience considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills required
- Must be proficient in the use of MS office products (Excel, Project, Words, Etc)
- Minimum of 5 years project controls experience
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: email@example.com .
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.