Financial Planning Specialist
CIBC in Saskatoon, SK
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Financial Planning Specialist, works closely with CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisors and their clients to establish a roadmap for their future financial success. The financial planning process reviews the clients' personal circumstances and objectives, and develops appropriate strategies and solutions to meet both their short term and long term needs.
How You'll Succeed
Prepare Financial Plans - Provide highly specialized advice and consultation with respect to a broad range of complex financial planning aspects to add value to the client relationship. Offer expertise in strategies and solutions for clients - retirement planning; goal planning; life & wealth protection; milestones & purchases planning; succession planning, and tax planning.
Industry Expertise - Keep up-to-date with the overall economic and financial environment, current events, market conditions, trends, and changes to legislation and product platforms in an area that is subject to frequent change. Provide expertise in dealing with high value clients, each with specific needs and circumstances requiring a unique financial analysis and plan to meet their short term and long term financial requirements.
Branch & Sales Support - Promotes financial planning strategies as a way of empowering the Investment Advisors to gather and retain assets, which may be generated by product sales as well as client referrals. Support market activities targeted at developing new external business sources and prospects. Supports IAs in client annual follow-up meetings as it relates to Financial Planning.
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity
- You can demonstrate experience as a Financial Planning Specialist. It's an asset if you have your LLQP or STEP designations.
- You're a certified professional. You have current CFP accreditation and in good standing.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values- trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.