Supervisor Pharmacy Assistant III
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 51747
Career Group: Lawtons
Job Category: Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: N/A
Province: Nova Scotia
Location: 240 Baker drive
Postal Code: B2W 6L4
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Pharmacy Assistant Supervisor is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. The Supervisor is responsible to identify and schedule professional clinical services and plays a key role in the achievement of pharmacy excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiencies, PROfile programs and inventory management. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Schedule pharmacy assistant(s) and technician(s)
- Coordinate the pharmacy work flow
- Manage department personnel which includes scheduling, recruitment, performance management and training
- Coach pharmacy assistant team to deliver superior customer experience by actively contributing to a health & wellness environment
- Promote PROfile Programs and educate PA's
- Communicate operational requirements/changes to the pharmacy support staff
- Complete monthly reporting
- Supervise inventory management
- Process customer transactions
- Prescription assembly, refills, compounding
- Administrative duties, filing, supplies, cleaning and
- Receive in-person and telephone refill requests and record deliveries
- Data entry, Manual Third Parties, cycle counts, narcotic counts, TML's
- Product Order receiving, deliveries, drug order creation
- Pill pack assembly
- BTC Management and Return to Stock
- Rx Will Call/Release (guidelines)
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, and other regulatory requirements and procedures, are implemented and maintained
- Assist with other pharmacy operations as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a PA or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of MS Suite
- Undergraduate degree, Pharmacy Technician Certificate or equivalent recognized program
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.