Audit and Risk Professional (03-2003)
As the Audit and Risk Professional, reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit, you will conduct operational, compliance and real-time audits which can be large and technically complex and focused on high risk areas. This position assesses the adequacy of internal controls, the overall effectiveness of operations and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. The incumbent is expected to promote risk and control management enterprise-wide, identifying opportunities and making recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve operational efficiencies. The Audit and Risk Professional provides expertise, advice and opinions to internal customers, including senior management, on the proposed design of internal controls, and/or areas for improvement.
- Conduct risk-based audits that assess the adequacy of internal controls and the overall effectiveness of business management processes, programs and operations.
- Conduct advisory engagements that evaluate risks and controls and provide recommendations to reduce risks to an acceptable level on special projects and other such assignments.
- Perform ad hoc special assignments including (but not limited to) investigations, divisional initiatives such as process improvement initiatives, and representing Internal Audit on corporate committees and/or projects.
- Assess compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, standards and company policies.
- Recommend cost effective, realistic business controls that support risk-intelligent decision-making.
- Conduct audits in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Professional Standards.
- Communicate audit results (verbally and in writing), identify and prioritize findings for auditees, senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Monitor and report on the implementation status of recommendations resulting from audits conducted and appraise the adequacy of follow up action taken.
- Provide input into the department's annual operational audit plan which supports delivery of effective audit management services for the organization.
- Perform ongoing analysis and research in seeking innovative ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes and make respected, influential recommendations of new ideas.
- Assist in the mentoring and development of Internal Audit Staff.
- You must have at least five (5) years' audit/internal audit experience
- You have a degree in a business related discipline
- You have a CPA Designation
- You have, or are willing to pursue CIA, CISA, or similar designations
- You possess strong communication skills, including oral, written, report writing and presentation, and the ability to clearly explain difficult issues and positions to Management.
- You possess strong problem identification and solution skills, particularly in ambiguous situations.
- You demonstrate a solid understanding of management principles and strategies and the ability to evaluate business practices in a diverse set of business units.
- You are adept at dealing with ambiguity, including being able to effectively cope with change while managing multiple priorities.
- You are a "big picture thinker" who can articulate the benefits of sound management practices
- You have demonstrated leadership and critical thinking abilities.
- Experience in utilizing audit specific software including computer assisted audit techniques is considered an asset.
Work With Us
There are many reasons why we choose to work at Atlantic Lottery (AL) and one of the most important is feeling a sense of belonging and pride in being part of a company that exists to make Atlantic Canada a better place. AL wants to give back by investing in you through career development and growth that enhances your skills and leaves you feeling energized to come to work each day. We believe our most important asset is our people and we want you to progress at the pace of your talent and to the degree of your commitment. Does this opportunity fit within your development interests?
At Atlantic Lottery, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.