Player Insight Specialist (02-2002)
Reporting to the Director, Research & Players Insights, the Player Insight Specialist is responsible for leading research projects to satisfy defined strategic or business objectives. Specifically, the Player Insight Specialist will ensure that the research program produces rich insights, with a high degree of data integrity, while continuously looking for innovative methodologies. To support this goal, the Player Insight Specialist must decide on the methodology and techniques for conducting the research, and lead the development of research instruments, analysis and final reporting. The Player Insight Specialist is responsible for reviewing research related fieldwork, validating collected data, conducting advanced analysis, write reports and communicate results.
Research Methodologies: Guides the organization with their research technical expertise in conceptualizing and developing qualitative and quantities methodologies. Has the ability to listen to a key business challenge (or identify one) and work with internal stakeholders to develop research initiatives to collect and analyze data to better understand and find solutions to the problem.
Compliance: Ensures that all primary research and AL's Insiders online panel meet legal and operational requirements of AL. This includes the proactive understanding of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), and market research best practices.
Quality Management: All research is designed, planned, executed and reported on with a high expectation of quality. The Player Insight Specialist oversees all aspects of research initiatives to ensure efforts meet the level of quality required by AL.
Project Management: Oversees the commissioning of research and the online panel, in coordination with schedules, negotiating and liaising with research suppliers and key users of the research to ensure the research is suitable to meet project needs. This includes RPF development, scoring and award. SOW requests, evaluations and agreement.
Stakeholder Engagement: Encounters a diverse range of operational, strategic and technical challenges that require analytical, interpretative, evaluative and constructive within with a diverse range of stakeholders. Uses comprehensive interpersonal and communications skills to build consensus.
Best Practices: Continue ongoing evaluation of research tools and emerging techniques and technology to ensure AL remains up-to- date on ideal methods and processes.
Budget and Timeline: Oversee the implementation and delivery of all audience research to ensure the quality and completion within budget and deadline requirements, managing project research budgets.
Research Execution: Understands and follows policies and principles, acting within the realm of understanding to execute studies. Research output includes insight to inform decisions related to product development, service enhancements and operational. Results have a direct and significant impact on key performance objectives.
Analysis: Analyze and synthesize data into management level insights that business users can turn into actionable initiatives.
- Degree in marketing, communication, social science, business or associated field.
- Formal training as a Qualitative research moderator/facilitator considered an asset.
- Experience in managing qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Strong experience of designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research, including ability to conduct one on one discussions and focus groups.
- Online research platform experience, including programming surveys, pulling analytics and reporting. (Vision Critical Sparq an asset)
- Expert SPSS, or SAS data analysis skills (including multivariate and segmentation techniques) Experience of managing fieldwork and adapting methods to challenging and constrained conditions.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling, segmentation and analysis of data.
- Ability to appropriately communicate sensitive information and to judge how and with whom this information should be shared.
- Strong listening, communication, and collaboration skills. An ability to communicate with stakeholders from diverse functional areas and can convey complex data in tangible business terms. Proactive problem solver with planning, coordination, and leadership skills.
Work With Us
There are many reasons why we choose to work at Atlantic Lottery (AL) and one of the most important is feeling a sense of belonging and pride in being part of a company that exists to make Atlantic Canada a better place. AL wants to give back by investing in you through career development and growth that enhances your skills and leaves you feeling energized to come to work each day. We believe our most important asset is our people and we want you to progress at the pace of your talent and to the degree of your commitment. Does this opportunity fit within your development interests?
At Atlantic Lottery, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.