The Event Coordinator reports to the Manager, Prospecting & Sales Support Team and is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating Assumption Life events. These events could include annual meetings for brokers and MGAs, activities related to representatives of group insurance, the annual golf tournament, and other activities.
This person also organizes travel related to the activities mentioned above which often requires carrying out price and quality search/comparisons to find the best locations, hotels, restaurants or activities. This person will work in collaboration with other departments, will be required to monitor quality by checking the level of satisfaction after the event and, will participate in networking activities and such in order to stay up-to-date of any relevant information related to his/her responsibilities. This person coordinates meetings with clients and service providers and will be required to prepare an event budget for approval by his/her manager. This role also provides significant support to the Sales Prospecting and Support team with respect to certain sales activities.
- Ensure the logistics of events and travel according to the highest standards including the establishment of a schedule
- Solicit and work in collaboration with the different services involved
- Define the tasks to be performed, select internal and external collaborators
- Define the nature of the services required, choose external suppliers as needed
- Prepare an event budget and submit it to his/her manager
- Monitor the budget of the events in order to respect allocated resources
- Ensure the development of event scheduling and ensure its implementation
- Monitor and evaluate activities and take note of the necessary recommendations
- Coordinate the annual golf tournament
- Coordinate all conference and convention-related activities
- Invoice processing
- Planning and Logistics for Insurance Sales Managers (BDM) Annual Meetings
- Coordination and planning of all other events and related trips
- Diploma in event planning or in a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in the field of event planning
- Microsoft Office Knowledge
- Outstanding communication abilities, both orally and in writing, in French and English
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills; interact with tact and courtesy with agents, executives, employees and partners
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ease and interest in teamwork
- Good sense of responsibility
- Excellent sense of autonomy and diplomacy
- Ease with calculations and numbers
- Ease with new information technologies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under pressure
- Knowledge of the insurance field is an asset
Work With Us
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Assumption Life subscribes to the principle of employment equity.
If this challenge fits your career aspirations and you wish to play a key role in the challenging development of our business, we invite you to submit your application by April 21, 2019.